SS 60 stable grade is a low viscosity anionic slow set bitumen emulsion.
SS 60 stable grade is used mainly as a cold applied binder for the manufacture of slow set slurry mixtures which can be batch mixed and applied by hand or with a continuous mix and lay machine.
SS 60 stable grade can also be diluted with water and applied onto aged seals as an enrichment spray or as a tack coat for an asphalt overlay.
The slow setting nature of SS 60 stable grade makes it ideal for mixing and applying slurries by hand. Slurry mixtures prepared by batch mixing can be kept workable in transit mixers up to 2 hours before setting. Slow set slurry mixtures prepared with SS 60 stable grade, rely on the evaporation of the water component to cure.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. SS 60 stable grade can be stored and mixed with aggregates at ambient temperature.
2. Can be stored for up to six months at ambient temperature without risk of settlement.
3. For the preparation of hand applied slurry mixtures, the following mix proportions are recommended:
Crusher dust (coarse graded) - 5 x 20 lt
Cement - 2 kg
Water - 10 lt
SS60 stable grade 60% - 1 x 20 lt
4. As an enrichment spray or tack coat for HMA applications, the SS 60 stable grade should be diluted with water at a ratio of 1:1.
5. If diluting with water, confirm the compatibility of the water with the emulsion.
6. The binder should be heated to 60°C for spray applications.
7. As an enrichment spray, an application rate of 1,0 lt of diluted emulsion per m2 is recommended.
8. As a tack coat for HMA applications, an application rate of 0,5 lt of diluted emulsion per m2 is recommended.